The Wisconsin Specialty Cheese Institute allows its members to:
- Learn about other specialty products that compliment cheese
- Tour cheese factories, supplier businesses and complementary industries to cheese manufacturing
- Learn about government regulations and how to navigate the system
- Share ideas with others in a fun, social setting
- Help one another solve problems
- Cooperate with fellow members and industry organizations in trade show participation
- Have the opportunity to meet friends and business associates within the cheese industry
- Form new relationships and partner with others to collaborate on projects, allowing you to better promote your products and services
- Gain access to assistance from the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board (WMMB), Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP) and Wisconsin Cheese Makers Association (WCMA)
- WSCI offers support to its members through cost-effective participation in national and regional trade shows and assistance with marketing materials. Members may apply to receive reimbursement of fees paid to participate in local, regional or national trade shows or to develop collateral materials, such as brochures or press releases.
New members are always welcome to the Wisconsin Specialty Cheese Institute. Any Wisconsin specialty cheesemaker and any person or company interested in furthering the success of the Wisconsin specialty cheese industry is eligible to become a WSCI member.
Membership categories include:
Specialty Cheese Manufacturers
Must meet each of the following criteria:
- Company or cooperative producing natural cheese primarily from Wisconsin milk in the state of Wisconsin.
- Cheese production includes Wisconsin specialty cheese.
- Be involved in the manufacture of Wisconsin specialty cheese by way of a substantial investment in either raw materials or fixed assets as determined by the board of directors.
Specialty Cheese Marketers/Processors
Must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Primary business is marketing and/or distributing Wisconsin specialty cheese
- Purchases Wisconsin specialty cheese for further processing, packaging and sale
- Produces Wisconsin specialty cheese derived from natural cheese (e.g., pasteurized process cheese, cheese spreads, cold pack cheeses)
Specialty Cheese Supplier Members
Corporations or persons that supply the specialty cheese industry in Wisconsin with goods or services.